.....
.....

Saturday, 7 August 2010


THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS ON MY LAST POSTS!
THESE LAST DAYS I CARRIED ON ARRANGING THE FLAT. MANY THINGS I LIKE ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE IN BULGARIA. AFTER SEARCHING EVERYWHERE FOR THE KIND OF CURTAIN ROD I NEEDED (SLIM WOOD NOT VARNISHED), I FINALY USED SIMPLE TOOLS HANDLES. THEN, FOR THE LIGHTINGS, AFTER TRYING IN ABOUT 15 DIFFERENT PLACES, I FOUND A LITTLE SHOP (THE ONLY ONE PROBABLY) THAT WAS SELLING LIGHT PINK BULBS. I SAID "WOW! GIVE ME TWO PLEASE!"... "SORRY! WE HAVE ONLY ONE!".
IN A WAY I LIKE THAT "DIFFICULTY", SCARCITY GIVES MORE VALUE TO THINGS AND IT'S A REAL PLEASURE TO ENJOY SIMPLE THINGS WE OFTEN DON'T NOTICE SUCH AS A BULB, A BEAUTIFUL ELECTRIC WIRE (I BROUGHT MINE FROM FRANCE) OR A SHADE THAT WAITED 4 SUMMERS TO BE FIXED.
NOTICE THE CUTE BOTTLE OF FRESH ORGANIC BULGARIAN MILK... I WAS FIRST GOING NOT TO BUY IT BECAUSE IT'S FOUR TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A BASIC MILK, BUT THEN I THOUGHT I MUST GIVE A LITTLE CONTRIBUTION TO THE ECOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY. I WAS ALSO HAPPY TO BUY MEDICINAL PLANTS A MAN WAS SELLING IN THE STREET, BUT FOR HOW LONG?
(PLASTIC BAGS BUT I RECYCLE THEM! ;) ) ...ALL PHOTOS BY CLARISSE DEMORY.

3 comments:

  1. you have a very cute way of writing in English, very charming. Just like your style of picture-taking and your spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est vrai que vivre dans un pays différent, nous rappelle le sens des choses, de la vie, de la consommation... si automatiques quand on est chez nous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading about your bulgarian flat. will you show us the curtain rods you made?

    ReplyDelete