.....
.....

Sunday, 22 August 2010

I SPENT THREE DAYS IN VERSAILLES WHERE MY SISTER NOW LIVES. I DECIDED TO VISIT THE PALACE, SOMETHING I HAD NEVER DONE BEFORE SAME AS FOR MANY OTHER FAMOUS FRENCH MONUMENTS.

FIRST PHOTO, "LA GRANDE GALERIE" WITH ITS BEAUTIFUL ANCIENT MIRRORS.
IT'S TERRIBLY CROWDY, FULL OF PEOPLE "WHO WANT TO SEE", BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GIVING AN IDEA OF WHAT WAS THE COURT WAS LIKE AT THE TIME!




THE LITTLE DOOR THROUGH WHICH THE QUEEN MARIE-ANTOINETTE MANAGED TO ESCAPE FROM THE RIOTERS AT THE REVOLUTION.







I LOVED THE GRISAILLES IN THIS TOO OPULENT DECORATION. I EVEN DECIDED TO "GRISAILLE" SOME OF THE NEXT PHOTOS TO REPRODUCE THIS EFFECT OF FRESHNESS.















PHOTOS BY CLARISSE DEMORY.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful, lucky you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are lovely, they really create the spirit of the place. I can't even imagine how Versaille must have been like when it was a living working environment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at those wallpapers and tapestries! and can i have that sofa please?

    (the crowds would have killed me. we are very lucky you went to show us around the place!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous23/8/10 14:22

    Est-ce que c'est vous Clarisse sur la dernière photo avec le chapeau de paille?

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing place!
    I watched 'Tout les Matins du Monde' the other day, the costumes are really crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous. Very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Françoise L.28/8/10 10:01

    ...ou comment donner l'envie de culture !

    ReplyDelete